[openssl-users] Question about fetching client ciphers

Lodaya, Varun varunml at amazon.com
Mon May 22 16:50:26 UTC 2017

Retrying..

From: "Lodaya, Varun" <varunml at amazon.com>
Date: Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 12:28 PM
To: "openssl-users at openssl.org" <openssl-users at openssl.org>
Subject: Question about fetching client ciphers

Hey Guys,

Had a question about obtaining client ciphers from OpenSSL library.
Currently we are doing SNI by registering to SSL_CTX_set_tlsext_servername_callback and taking a decision on the right certificate. We were trying to figure out how we can get more information like client ciphers, etc in that callback. I see the ‘SSL_get_client_ciphers’ API in newer (Openssl 1.1.0+), but not in the older versions (Openssl 1.0.2).

Is there any other way we can read the client ciphersuite or the client-server negotiated ciphersuite in the callback we register to SSL_CTX_set_tlsext_servername_callback?

Thanks,
Varun