[openssl-users] Cannot find SSL_CTX_get0_param in libssl library

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Sun May 28 20:47:56 UTC 2017

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 2:59 AM, Mohit Batra <mohit4677 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to compile / install a utility from Source on CentOS that
> utilizes OpenSSL 1.1.0 (latest version) . However, I get the following
> error:
>
> configure: WARNING: Cannot find SSL_CTX_get0_param in libssl library. TLS
> hostname verification will not be available.
>
> Kindly help me out on this error.

When you build OpenSSL and your program, use an RPATH. Also see
https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Compilation_and_Installation#Using_RPATHs
.

We still don't know what use case is being represented by omitting the
RPATH in the OpenSSL build. Building OpenSSL with new library, but
runtime link to old library after installation makes no sense to most
users.

You can probably do it using LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but RPATHs are easier.

Jeff