[openssl-users] Cross-compile runtime issues

Karyn Ulriksen Karyn.Ulriksen at riverbed.com
Tue Nov 7 00:14:04 UTC 2017

I am currently cross compiling for an embedded linux platform running mips64 hardware.  It successfully compiles using linux-generic64.  Also, openssl with the fips parameter successfully compiles.  However, once I install it on the platform, I just get an encrypted string back from it no matter the parameter I pass it.  For example:

# ./openssl version
831d69ae76f30335ae4fdfd243bccca8656950c4

If I build openssl without the fips module, it spits out the standard version info as expected.  I've started playing around with the incore utility, but it would be helpful to know that this is the right direction to work on.  Is the output above expected if the the signature is incorrect?  Is incore the tool to use to get it back on track?