[openssl-users] Potential memory leak in RSA_private_decrypt

Wang wangqun at alumni.nus.edu.sg
Tue Nov 7 00:53:05 UTC 2017

The product can be build in threaded or non-threaded mode. The memory leak
can be detected only in threaded mode. Hence I think I hit the same issue
reported by Thomas in 2012.

"One thing I noticed is that all goes well if I cause the code to
run sequentially (e.g. cause requests to come one ater another). Yet it
starts eating up memory like crazy if I cause several (HTTPS) requests
to come at once. "
http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/Memory-issues-with-ssl-handshake-td20851.html#a20854.

Don't understand why this issue is not encountered by other users and why it
has not been fixed for so many years.

Thanks,
Wang

--