[openssl-users] Help compiling on HPUX

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Wed Nov 8 13:03:02 UTC 2017

My initial suspect is the assembly modules. I suggest configuring with no-asm, and if that works and you really want the assembly code for performance, then investigate further.

Another possibility is optimization. We had issues building OpenSSL for HP-UX (PA-RISC and Itanium) with +O4, which is what Configure specifies for at least some HP-UX builds. We backed it off to +O1 (by editing Configure; we actually use our own Configure script, and merge in changes from the official one each time we update to a new OpenSSL release).

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus