[openssl-users] DTLS in multi-thread and concurrent connection acceptance environment

Anand Choubey sanandchoubey at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 14:01:02 UTC 2017

 Hi,

I am new in OpenSSL.
I was confused with 1.0.2 implementation where SSL_accept is called inside the DTLSv1_Listen method. But in 1.1.0, SSL_accept must be called after DTLSv1_Listen in listener thread otherwise async socket will not be reset and epoll will always return data ready. Now things are working.
But I do not know, whether DTLSv1_Listen/ SSL_accept in the listener thread is capable to deal with thousands concurrent connection establishment. Is there known limitation around it?
An alternative way, Call recvfrom from listener thread, pass the buffer and peer remote addresses to service thread, make new SSL object and Mem BIO and call  DTLSv1_Listen/ SSL_accept methods. Later use, Mem BIO and recvfrom and sendto calls for data exchange.

Could you please help me decide the better way?

Regards,Anand Choubey