[openssl-users] How to limit advertised maximum ssl version in ssl23 client helo

Joseph Southwell jsouthwell at serengeti.com
Thu Nov 30 14:22:05 UTC 2017

So I have a server I connect to that replies “insufficient security” when I connect with an ssl23 client helo from openssl 1.0.2. However when I connect with any of ssl3-tls1.1 client helo it works. It doesn’t work if I try to connect with a tls1.2 client helo. I am trying to narrow down the problem so I would like to send an ssl23 client helo that only advertises up to 1.1. Any idea how to do just that?