[openssl-users] SSL alert number 48

Jan Just Keijser janjust at nikhef.nl
Thu Nov 30 14:45:26 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 29/11/17 14:37, wizard2010 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi JJK,
>
> I test you function and I've got this result:
>
>     ok = 0
>     cert DN: /C=AU/ST=Some-State/O=Internet Widgits Pty Ltd
>     ok = 1
>     cert DN: /C=AU/ST=Some-State/O=Internet Widgits Pty Ltd
>

> Why I see this 2 time?
> When I create the certificates I didn't fill with any special information, just type enter in every question that is made. Did
> you think this could cause this issue?

what you should have seen is the certificate stack, starting with the CA, and then the client cert, e.g.

Connection accept...
ok = 1
cert DN: /C=US/O=Cookbook 2.4/CN=Cookbook 2.4 CA/emailAddress=openvpn at example.com
ok = 1
cert DN: /C=US/O=Cookbook 2.4/CN=client1

so I suspect that your ca.crt on the server side is not specified correctly.
You may also send me your ca.crt, server.{crt,key} and client.{crt,key} files privately, and I will run the same test using your
set of certificates.

HTH,

JJK