[openssl-users] FIPS Object Module 2.0, fipsalgtest.pl fails

Steve Marquess marquess at openssl.com
Wed Oct 4 14:35:47 UTC 2017

On 10/03/2017 05:26 PM, Diaz de Grenu, Jose wrote:

>> You reprocessed all of the hundreds of test vectors? I'm impressed. That
>> must have taken many days of compute time.
>
> Sorry, the download script I set up seg faulted after some time, and I didn't noticed. In fact it only tested a few tarballs.
>

>> The most recent set of test vectors used for a 2.0.16 OE is:
>> http://openssl.com/testing/validation-2.0/testvectors/OVS_2859_OE82.results.tar.gz
>
> That one also fails.
>
> Thanks for all the information anyways. I will keep trying with other test vector, just in case.

If you use a stock unmodified openssl-fips-2.0.N.tar.gz tarball and an
appropriate matching set of test vectors then they can be successfully
processed (on a very wide range of platforms). That has literally been
done with hundreds of test vector sets. I suggest you circle back to the
basics. Download an unmodified openssl-fips-2.0.16.tar.gz and build that
on a known supported platform, for instance a modern Linux distro. Then
process a recent test vector set, for instance the one noted above.

If that fails you have something very broken in your build environment
or platform; you'll want to sort that out before trying anything
adventurous.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess