[openssl-users] Query on API availability for openssl versions

Grace Priscilla Jero grace.priscilla at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 08:21:50 UTC 2017

Hi All,

1)
The below APIs used to set the maximum and minimum versions are available
in 1.1.0f version of OPENSSL.

 int SSL_CTX_set_min_proto_version(SSL_CTX *ctx, int version);
 int SSL_CTX_set_max_proto_version(SSL_CTX *ctx, int version);
 int SSL_set_min_proto_version(SSL *ssl, int version);
 int SSL_set_max_proto_version(SSL *ssl, int version);

 Do you have the same in any of the 1.0.2x threads or plan to have it in
any later versions. We don't see it available in 1.0.2k or 1.0.2l versions.
Kindly update us on the same.

2)
There are a set of APIs to set/get security level wherein each level
supports a set of cipher suites. Is there something available in OPENSSL
wherein I can get the level and set it when I provide a cipher suite.
We have a case where we give the user a provision to provide his own list
of cipher suites and we need to set the appropriate level in the API so
that we support it for the connections. Kindly provide your comments.

Thanks,
Grace