[openssl-users] Query on API availability for openssl versions

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Tue Oct 17 09:13:04 UTC 2017

The security levels are simply a classification of the cipher
suites by quality.  Typically one would select all ciphers above
a certain level.

Most cipher suites work with all protocol levels >= a certain
level, with SSL2 (dead) and TLS1.3 (future) being exceptions.
Selecting something like "TLS1.1" in the cipher suite list simply
selects those cipher suites that were new in TLS1.1, it does not
actually select the TLS1.1 protocol.

--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, partner, WiseMo A/S. https://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2860 Soborg, Denmark. direct: +45 31 13 16 10

Enjoy

Jakob