[openssl-users] Replacing CRYPTO_NUM_LOCKS on migration 101 to 110

Charles Mills charlesm at mcn.org
Wed Oct 18 20:08:53 UTC 2017

I am migrating a multi-threaded Windows application from OpenSSL 1.0.1h to
1.1.0f.

I am using the Shining Light pre-built Windows DLLs.

The code, which I wrote some time ago, has a statement HANDLE
Comm::sslMutexArray[CRYPTO_NUM_LOCKS];

The array is referenced by my sslLockingFunction.

When I compile with the 1.1.0f headers I get at undefined symbol on
CRYPTO_NUM_LOCKS.

Is my understanding of
http://www.manpagez.com/man/3/CRYPTO_num_locks/osx-10.3.php correct?
Basically, I need to replace the static array
sslMutexArray[CRYPTO_NUM_LOCKS] with a malloc() or new to get an array of
the size returned by a call to CRYPTO_num_locks(void)? Is that correct?
Anything else I need to do in this regard?

Thanks,

Charles