[openssl-users] OpenSSL engine and TPM usage.

Jayalakshmi bhat bhat.jayalakshmi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 17:06:45 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Our device uses TPM to protect certificate private keys. We have written
engine interface to integrate TPM functionality into OpenSSL. Thus TPM gets
loaded as an engine instance.
Also we have mapped RSA operations to TPM APIS as  like
encryption/decryption etc.

Now we are into few issues. there are few applications that wants to use
application specific identity certificate. In such cases RSA APIs should
not get mapped to TPM APIs.

I wanted to know when we use engine instance for encyrption/decryption
operation, can it be done selectively?

Regards
Jayalakshmi