[openssl-users] Problem with Last step in setup

Gerardi, Elio Elio.Gerardi at netapp.com
Wed Sep 6 14:20:34 UTC 2017

Looks like changing to root did it….Sometimes when your string at the screen for hours doing other things, the answer passes you by….Thanks for the support

Elio Gerardi – Cloud Architect
Hyperscaler GTM team
Cloud Business Unit

cloud.netapp.com

NetApp

646.313.3079 Direct Phone

914.419.0396 Mobile Phone

elio at netapp.com <applewebdata://05C01801-4BEA-40E4-987E-E4872D470C6C/elio@netapp.com>

 <http://netapp-insight.com/>

On 9/5/17, 1:16 PM, "openssl-users on behalf of Michael Richardson" <openssl-users-bounces at openssl.org on behalf of mcr at sandelman.ca> wrote:

    Gerardi, Elio <Elio.Gerardi at netapp.com> wrote:
        > I am getting the following error when I run the ‘make install’ command on
        > OPenSSL

        > make install

        > /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make depend &&
        > /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make _all

        > *** Installing development files

        > Cannot create directory /usr/local/include: No such file or directory

    Probably because you don't have a /usr/local/include, and it isn't
    autocreated ("mkdir -p"), and you aren't running this as root.

    (maybe you want to install it some place other than /usr/local?)