[openssl-users] ASN1_TIME to time_t

Dr. Stephen Henson steve at openssl.org
Wed Sep 6 16:23:26 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 06, 2017, Michael Wojcik wrote:

> [...]

Yes ASN1_TIME corresponds to the ASN.1 Time structure which ia a choice of
UTCTime and GeneralizedTime it acts in an appropriate way depending on the
type that has been passed in. Timezones should be handled properly though
there was a recent bug fixed: timezones are only rarely encountered in
practice and not legal in many standards (e.g. RFC5280).

Steve.