[openssl-users] Self signed cert issue

Richard Olsen rolsen at quotient-inc.com
Fri Sep 15 13:55:15 UTC 2017

Sorry I left out half of my message. I created from CA down. As listed
below.

### Options fed into certs

## Country Name (2 letter code) [XX]:US

## State or Province Name (full name) []:STATE

## Locality Name (eg, city) [Default City]:City

## Organization Name (eg, company) [Default Company Ltd]:Company

## Organizational Unit Name (eg, section) []:Section

## Common Name (eg, your name or your server's hostname) []:host.local.com

## Email Address []:

# Create private key for CA

openssl genrsa -out HOME_Root_CA.key 2048

# Create CA certificate

openssl req -x509 -new -nodes -key HOME_Root_CA.key -sha256 -days 3650 -out
HOME_Root_CA.pem

# Review ticket just created

openssl x509 -in HOME_Root_CA.pem -noout -text

# Create private key for Client

openssl genrsa -out HOME_Client.key 2048

# Create Certificate Signing Request (.csr)

openssl req -new -key HOME_Client.key -out HOME_Client.csr

# Generate client certficate based on CA

openssl x509 -req -in HOME_Client.csr -CA HOME_Root_CA.pem -CAkey
HOME_Root_CA.key -CAcreateserial -out HOME_Client.pem -days 3650 -sha256

# Create Personal Information Exchange (pfx) cert

openssl pkcs12 -export -in HOME_Client.pem -inkey HOME_Client.key -out
HOME-client-cert.pfx

--
Richard W. Olsen
Sr Security Engineer