[openssl-users] documentation for 1.1.0

Dave Serls dave at dashs.denver.co.us
Fri Sep 15 16:07:50 UTC 2017

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 15:54:16 +0000
"Salz, Rich via openssl-users" <openssl-users at openssl.org> wrote:

> Links across versions don’t really work since we moved from “crypto” “ssl” to man3, etc.
> Perhaps we should just take them down.

  One might suppose that it "failed" to a secure mode.  Older files will remain secure for eternity.
  The user, of course, must be alert to decrypting data prior to upgrade, or retaining a down-level
  openssl environment somewhere close by.  For me, it is only a home-brew keyring that quickly got my
  attention.