[openssl-users] Errors when running OpenSSL fipsalgtest.pl

stevem marquess at openssl.com
Sun Sep 17 22:26:32 UTC 2017

On 09/15/2017 05:35 PM, security veteran wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> I was using the fipsalgtest.pl utility for running tests with some input
> vectors.
>
> Somehow I ran into the following errors:

> Thanks.

The format of the test vectors changes constantly so fipsalgtest.pl
needs constant tweaking. Also it is not uncommon for any specific set of
test vectors to have errors; they are manually generated from a labor
intensive software tool and it's all too easy for the test lab to err
even when the current version of the tool isn't buggy (also not
uncommon). Each set of test vectors needs to be carefully matched to the
specific module.

Figuring our such discrepancies can be a lot of fun (not!). I suggest
you start by comparing the test vectors you're trying to process with
one of the recent sets at
https://www.openssl.com/testing/validation-2.0/testvectors/.

-Steve M.

--