[openssl-users] [ANN] M2Crypto 0.26.2

Matej Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Wed Sep 20 22:26:22 UTC 2017

Hi, everybody,

after a way too long time I have another version of M2Crypto. Despite
the deceptively minor version number (0.26.2; it is mistake, it has all
right to be called 0.27.0, but the release is already on PyPI, sorry)
this was a lot of work.

The biggest achievement here is compatibility with OpenSSL 1.1.0 (while
still maintaining compatibility all the way to RHEL-6, that's Python 2.6
and OpenSSL 1.0.1e, but I think we should be compatible even with older
versions of OpenSSL). A lot of work on that was done by Jim Carroll
(does anybody have a better email address for him than jim at carroll.com
which bounces for me?), and I wouldn't be able to do anything without
help of my colleague Tomáš Mráz from Red Hat.

Thank you!

I see a Debian bug https://bugs.debian.org/827061 and I hope that this
release may be a way how to create a proper fix for it.

This is still python 2 only release.

Of course any help on python3 porting branch
(https://gitlab.com/m2crypto/m2crypto/merge_requests/65) is very
welcome!

Happy security hacking!

Matěj
--
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl<at>ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

The politician attempts to remedy the evil by increasing the very
thing that caused the evil in the first place: legal plunder.
    -- Frederick Bastiat