[openssl-users] Hardware client certificates moving to Centos 7

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Wed Sep 27 18:02:24 UTC 2017

Ugh. No need for 0.9.8e (which is from, what, the early Industrial Revolution?). MD5 is still available in OpenSSL 1.0.2, assuming it wasn't disabled in the build configuration. I think Stuart is dealing with an OpenSSL build that had MD5 disabled in the Configure step.

Heck, MD4 and MDC2 are still available in 1.0.2 - even with the default configuration, I believe. I'm looking at 1.0.2j here and it has GOST, MD4, MD5, MDC2, RIPEMD-60, SHA, SHA1, SHA-2 (all standard lengths), and Whirlpool.

That's just for digests, obviously; but the point is the MD5 support is still there. And yes, 1.0.2j can handle certificates with md5WithRsaEncryption signatures.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus