[openssl-users] Should I stop using locking callbacks in OpenSSL 1.1.0x ?

Charles Mills charlesm at mcn.org
Fri Apr 13 21:35:40 UTC 2018

 Not to disagree of course,  but you can always put printf's in your callbacks to confirm.

CharlesSent from a mobile; please excuse the brevity.
-------- Original message --------From: "Salz, Rich via openssl-users" <openssl-users at openssl.org> Date: 4/13/18  3:22 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: openssl-users at openssl.org Subject: Re: [openssl-users] Should I stop using locking callbacks in OpenSSL 1.1.0x ?

Does this mean I can safely remove all usages of the above functions from my application code? I'd appreciate if someone could explain
 the above comment in a little more detail or confirm what I'm saying. Or has anyone else been in the same situation?

Yes.  Do not use the locking callbacks.  OpenSSL uses system-native threads and locks now.