[openssl-users] Call for testing TLS 1.3

Kurt Roeckx kurt at roeckx.be
Sun Apr 29 10:43:26 UTC 2018

The upcomming OpenSSL 1.1.1 release will have TLS 1.3 support. TLS
1.3 brings a lot of changes that might cause incompatibility. For
an overview see https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/TLS1.3

We are considering if we should enable TLS 1.3 by default or not,
or when it should be enabled. For that, we would like to know how
applications behave with the latest beta release.

When testing this, it's important that both sides of the
connection support the same TLS 1.3 draft version. OpenSSL
currently implements draft 26. We would like to see tests
for OpenSSL acting as client and server.

https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/wiki/Implementations lists
other TLS 1.3 implementations and the draft they currently
support. Note that the versions listed there might not be for the
latest release. It also lists some https test servers.

We would really like to see a diverse set of applictions being
tested. Please report any results you have to us.

Kurt