[openssl-users] About 1.0.2p version release !!

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Wed Aug 8 12:46:54 UTC 2018

On 08/08/18 13:39, The Doctor wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 09:27:43AM +0100, Matt Caswell wrote:
>>

>> On 08/08/18 04:31, Juan Isoza wrote:
>>> and final 1.1.1
>>
>> There is no date yet. We are still waiting on the official publication
>> of the TLSv1.3 RFC which we anticipate happening any day now. Once that
>> happens there will be another 1.1.1 beta release cycle soon after.
>> Assuming no major issues are identified in that beta the final release
>> should happen soon after that.
>>
>> Matt
>>

> MAtt how compatible is 1.1.1 to 1.1.0 brach?
>
> Will applicaions like NAmed, Exim, clamav, INND, proftpd, pure-ftpd,
> and apache et al work?

Well, I've not tested those applications but the intention is that it
should be a drop in replacement and fully API/ABI compatible. However
there are some potential "gotcha's" with TLSv1.3 which could cause some
problems for some applications. This is primarily because the TLSv1.3
protocol is significantly different to TLSv1.2 and below. See:

https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/TLS1.3

Matt