[openssl-users] TLS 1.3 and the release

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Sat Aug 11 13:37:07 UTC 2018

You probably know by now that TLS 1.3 was just released as RFC 8446; https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8446<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.rfc-2Deditor.org_info_rfc8446&d=DwMFaQ&c=96ZbZZcaMF4w0F4jpN6LZg&r=2p92Jr9qHy6hkMg7JPW-TpAlWz_D-R8ocg6qkfLnRqg&m=sa62nNuYvx_z4e1BWAfP0k9YFTFWkgtt8hK1QfdOE2k&s=6_JEuDKb0eEPmTtlTG1zuEmDghQamc_PhPi16v8H-Tw&e=>  This note is just trying to forestall a number of question threads.

Our release plan called for one final beta (there were various draft-interop things to take out and some other little nits) and then the official release. We have had no discussion of changing that plan.

Matt has already prepared a PR (the number escapes me), and there are a couple of open issues we still have to resolve. If all goes well, however, the final beta should begin very soon.

Thanks to everyone in the OpenSSL community for your help and support!