[openssl-users] Multi client DTLS server on OpenSSL 1.1.x broken?

Richard Weinberger richard.weinberger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 21:47:44 UTC 2018

Philip,

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 11:36 PM Philip Prindeville
<philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com> wrote:
> Have a look at:
>
> http://www.wangafu.net/~nickm/libevent-book/Ref6a_advanced_bufferevents.html
>
> you don’t need a dedicated thread per connection.

I know. I have already full blown single threaded event loop that
works fine with OpenSSL 1.0.x.

> See the section “Bufferevents and SSL”
>
> You can create an SSL context and then bind a connection listener to it.
>
> If the library doesn’t specifically handle the case of DTLS (I know it handles SSL and TLS), then it shouldn’t be too hard to cobble something together and even get it upstreamed.

Well, it still seems to miss the fact that DTLSv1_listen() regressed in 1.1.x.
I really don't see how layering libevent into my application should help here.

--
Thanks,
//richard