[openssl-users] [openssl-project] Late thoughts on the 1.1.1 release - are we fooling ourselves?

Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd angus at magsys.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 12:47:00 UTC 2018

> Personally, I see this as a showstopper re a release on Tuesday,
> but I think it's on all of us to come to an agreement, that is
> unless we actually do label and fix everything that needs fixing
> 'til Monday evening (Euro time)...

The planned Tuesday release was only another beta, albeit perhaps the
last.

So even if the final 1.1.1 release is delayed, it would still be very
useful to have an RFC compliant version of TLSv1.3 in a beta sooner
rather than later, for final testing against browsers and clients.

And then perhaps another final beta if lots of other stuff is changed?

Angus