[openssl-users] Behaviour changed between 1.1.0 and 1.1.1

Dmitry Belyavsky beldmit at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:14:46 UTC 2018

Hello,

I use my engine providing gost algorithms (
https://github.com/gost-engine/engine). It seems not to have any relevant
changes between 1.1.0 and current master, but the command

OPENSSL_CONF=engine.conf openssl pkey -pubout -text -in tmp.pem

works ok for 1.1.0 version and does not work for current master.
For the file a.pem both versions provide similar output.

engine.conf is minimal conf to load gost engine:
=============
openssl_conf = openssl_def
[openssl_def]
engines = engine_section

[engine_section]
gost = gost_section

[gost_section]
engine_id = gost
dynamic_path = /path/to/libgost.so
default_algorithms = ALL
CRYPT_PARAMS = id-Gost28147-89-CryptoPro-A-ParamSet
===============

I've found out that behavior of the
function EC_POINT_get_affine_coordinates_GFp has changed between versions
1.1.0 and current master.

Also I found that pkey command ignores result of the calls
to EVP_PKEY_print_public and EVP_PKEY_print_private.

Could you please clarify whether it's a bug in my engine or something
incompatible in openssl code?

Thank you!
--
SY, Dmitry Belyavsky