[openssl-users] Behaviour changed between 1.1.0 and 1.1.1

Nicola nic.tuv at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 19:59:57 UTC 2018

> You just reproduced it :)
>
> Output for the file a.pem contains Private key, Public key and Parameter
> set; the one for tmp.pem does not.

You are right, I was expecting some kind of error, and realized that there
was something strange just after hitting the Send button, as usual!

Anyway, I think I found the problem, with the invaluable help of Billy
Brumley in the backstage!

It's a bug in the current GFp_simple_ladder implementation that was not
catched by existing regression testing.

I'll open a proper PR to fix this as soon as we finish to test the
alternative implementation.

In the meantime you might open a proper issue in Github for this problem so
that the bug will be properly tracked!

Thanks for reporting this,

Nicola Tuveri