[openssl-users] TLS-Session

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Mon Aug 20 13:39:07 UTC 2018

> On Aug 17, 2018, at 6:43 AM, Konstantinos Schoinas <ece8537 at upnet.gr> wrote:
>
> So my dpdk application is responding with the correct TLS alert and it actually block the TLS session.I have seen the correct packet in wireshark as well.I am also putting a picture with this mail in order to see the process.
>
> The problem is that VM1 using openssl takes 2 to 3 seconds to end the TLS session.Also i am getting some retransmits of client hello in wireshark.

Re-transmission is a feature of the kernel TCP stack, and OpenSSL
has no control over this behaviour.

> So my question is if anyone can confirm that this is a problem of openssl or if not maybe something else.
> In addition if anyone know how much time does TLS session takes to actually end?

This *cannot* be an OpenSSL issue.  Your DPI firewall must not be
sending an ACK for the client HELLO payload.  Or is otherwise
failing to conform to TCP in a way that triggers re-transmission.

--
	Viktor.