[openssl-users] OpenSSL version 1.1.1 pre release 9 published

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Aug 23 14:35:01 UTC 2018

On 08/23/2018 09:00 AM, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> On Wed, 2018-08-22 at 20:08 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

>>> The relevant change has now been merged to master.
>> Fedora had already built pre9.1.  But on the off chance, I will look
>> at
>> it with tomorrow's build.
> I'm sorry but no, I am not updating Fedora with current git tree
> checkout. You'll have to wait for the next prerelease or the final
> version if there are no further prereleases.

Tomas,

Thanks for responding here.

I have been preparing an Internet Draft on how to build an ED25519 pki.
I know have the choice of:

building my own 1.1.1 pre9 for testing.
Wait to push the draft out until 1.1.1 is fully released.
Fudge the draft by adding yet another caveat (yes there is a caveat
section that I developed in creating the ECDSA pki draft) that the
commands are for how it is suppose to work in production 1.1.1, not what
I had to do in the prerelease.

Decisions decisions.  Thing is I want the draft out so I can push for
EDDSA support in IEEE 802.1AR with the next meeting early Sept.