[openssl-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: Self-signed error when using SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations CApath

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Tue Dec 4 22:58:32 UTC 2018

Yes, that might be better. Or maybe "unrecognized". Of course there's scope for someone to misinterpret regardless of which term is used. I can suggest various alternatives in the PR and let the team decide.

> Or even better, two different error codes:
>
>   - "Only self-signed end certificate provided"
>
>   - "Provided chain ends with unknown root certificate"
>
> (Deciding which one keeps the old error code is left as
>   an exercise).

I can raise that as a possibility too, in the PR. Obviously it's a bit more work than simply changing the existing text.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus