[openssl-users] Creating PKCS#8 from pvk format

zhongju li zhongju_li at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 00:00:28 UTC 2018

Hello,I am working on a small homework which requires convert pvk private key to PKCS#8 format. The code is based on OpenSSL 1.0.2. I can get pvk private key components (Public exponent, modulus, prime1, prime2, exponent1, exponent2, coefficient, private exponent) properly, and convert to a validRSA format (RSA_check_key()returns success). Now I need to convert the key in RSA format to EVP_PKEY, then to PKCS#8. I have tried the following functions, all of these functions return 0 (failure) without anyfurther debugging information/clues:EVP_PKEY_assign_RSA(pEvpkey, rsa);EVP_PKEY_set1_RSA(pEvpkey, rsa);PEM_write_bio_RSAPrivateKey (out, rsa, cipher, NULL, 0, NULL, NULL);PEM_write_bio_PKCS8PrivateKey(out, pEvpkey, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0); I did google searching, but have not figured out why the about functions failed (one posting mentions “export version” vs. domestic version??). So, I’d like to get some help, 1. hopefully, with more debug information. 2. suggestion: based on OpenSSL 1.0.2, what are the correct function-chain to change pvk private key to PKCS#5?
Any suggestions, input are appreciated.Xuan