[openssl-users] Fwd: SSL_free Segmentation Fault

N Jain jain61 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 19:35:30 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am using openssl for ARM based target and I have cross compiled
OpenSSLv1.0.2l from sources with FIPS.
I have implemented the DTLSv1.2 based Server using OpenSSL APIs and able to
run it on my target.

Issue I am facing is when there is network failure I try to clean up the
current DTLS session but I always get segmentation fault during SSL_free.
If I remove SSL_free the segmentation fault goes away but I need to call it
in order to free up the ssl session memory.

While further debugging using GDB I found

(gdb) bt
#0  0xb6e3cc10 in dtls1_get_record () from /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0
#1  0xb6e3d928 in dtls1_read_bytes () from /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0
#2  0xb6e28264 in ssl3_read () from /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0
#3  0x000a7180 in ?? ()

Code snippet:

     SSL_set_shutdown(p_cinfo->m_pssl, SSL_SENT_SHUTDOWN |
SSL_RECEIVED_SHUTDOWN);
     stat = SSL_shutdown(p_cinfo->m_pssl);
     switch(stat)
     {
           case 1:
               printf("Shutdown successfull\n");
               break;
            case 0:
            case -1:
            default:
               printf("Error Shutting down \n");
               print_ssl_err(p_cinfo->m_pssl, stat);
        }
    *    SSL_free(p_cinfo->m_pssl);
*

Any clues for above issue will be very helpful.

Also I would like to know how to identify the long term release for 1.0.2
series with most of the bug fixes which I could use for my project.

Thanks
NJ

--
Sent from: http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/OpenSSL-User-f3.html