[openssl-users] How can I compile nginx with openssl to support 0-rtt TLS1.3

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Sat Dec 29 10:05:28 UTC 2018

On 29/12/2018 07:42, carabiankyi wrote:
> Thanks for your advice.
> I get early data when I configure nginx ssl_early_data on.
> But I only get early data for get method.
> When using post method, the server terminate connection. Is it related
> with openssl? If so, how can I do to allow post method?

TLSv1.x and SSL do not know or care what the HTTP commands are.

It is probably nginx enforcing a security rule that 0-rtt data should not
contain any potentially sensitive information, such as POST data.

0-rtt may be a reasonable way to more quickly transfer the URLs in the many
GET requests for static web content such as images, javascript, video
segments
and user independent web pages.  But it is too risky when handling requests
for user specific or password protected content, because the 0-rtt would
then be readable by an attacker even if the certificate check fails a few
packets after the 0-rtt and associated decryption keys were already sent.

> Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Enjoy

Jakob