[openssl-users] Decrypting an OpenSSL encrypt AES256-CBC data

Ertan Küçükoglu ertan.kucukoglu at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 12:41:53 UTC 2018

Hello,

Windows program does not know length of data. I would like to use some kind
of standard method and use exact method on Windows to decrypt.

I think my problem is really that I do not know what "padding" is used by
default. I have found below function. However, there is no detailed
explanation about it in here:
https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.0.2/crypto/EVP_CIPHER_CTX_set_padding.html
int EVP_CIPHER_CTX_set_padding(EVP_CIPHER_CTX *x, int padding);

I wanted to learn what values can "padding" parameter be. I understand I
can set it to zero ( 0 ) for disabling padding. This is not what I want
because my plain text length is not confirmed  to be multiply of 16 bytes.

I can use PKCS#7 to decrypt on Windows so I would like to encrypt using
that padding. Just do not know what value to pass in above function now.

Thanks & regards,
Ertan Küçükoğlu

Michael Wojcik <Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com>, 28 Ara 2018 Cum, 21:16