[openssl-users] Openssl 1.1 / TLS 1.3

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Wed Feb 14 16:34:26 UTC 2018

On 14/02/18 16:27, Richard Moore wrote:
> If I run the following:
>
>  openssl-1.1.1pre1 ciphers -tls1_3 -v

The man page says this about the "-tls1_3" option:

"In combination with the B<-s> option, list the ciphers which would be
used if TLSv1.3 were negotiated."

So you need to add "-s". If you do that then you only get the TLSv1.3
ciphers. It's a little strange that the option is ignored if no -s is
supplied (you might think supplying -tls1_3 would automatically imply
-s). But that is the way that all the -tls* options work, so this is
nothing new in 1.1.1.

Matt