[openssl-users] SMIME_read_CMS and binary signature

etc at coderhacks.com etc at coderhacks.com
Thu Feb 15 05:29:23 UTC 2018

Hello!

I need a little hint for parsing SMIME into a CMS_ContentInfo.

Here is an shortend example of my SMIME to make clear the structure of
my content.

====================
micalg=sha1; boundary="----=_Part_abcde"

------=_Part_abcde

VU...Cc=

------=_Part_abcde

MIA...AAA=

------=_Part_abcde--
====================

If I try SMIME_read_CMS it is working well if the signature (the 2nd
MIME-part with smime-type=singed-data)
has a Content-Transfer-Encodeing of "base64" (as it is in my example)

But It is not working if the CTE is "binary" and also the content is.

If I manually convert the signature to base64 and change the CTE to
base64 the SMIME_read_CMS is working again.

Is there another way of handling that? Maybe another function?
Thanks for help!

Best regards,
Chris