[openssl-users] Building OpenSSL from sources

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Fri Feb 16 09:26:55 UTC 2018

In message <CADqLbzLoBAo5w7XVBnUoRzuyyLKvo9+A8pZN3-hWPj4HBiU+nA at mail.gmail.com> on Fri, 16 Feb 2018 10:59:04 +0300, Dmitry Belyavsky <beldmit at gmail.com> said:

beldmit> But doesn't it make sense to explicitly add invocation of ldconfig to make install scenario?

Maybe, depending on why.  If it's to create the appropriate symlinks,
you might notice that we do that ourselves using 'ln -s' (if the
symlinks are wrong, please raise an issue on github).  If it's for the
cache, we could of course add some kind of post-shared config
attribute to reflect that need (a little like we have one for ranlib).

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org