[openssl-users] How to make OpenSSL engine usage application specific?

Jayalakshmi bhat bhat.jayalakshmi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 09:15:59 UTC 2018

Hello All,

We have 2 RSA OpenSSL engines in our product. Both the engines performs
same RSA encyrpt/decrypt operations. For easy explaination I am naming
engines as

1. RSA smart card  engine
2. RSA TPM engine

Engine usage is application specific.There are couple of applications
dependent on RSA TPM  engine. And are few applications dependent on RSA
smart card engine.
We wanted to know if there are any APIs provided by OpenSSL to make the
engine usage application specific? Is there any way we can make OpenSSL
chose specific engine for
specific application.

Regards
Jayalakshmi.