[openssl-users] Combining certificate and key in PEM format into a P12 file without knowing the key password?

Tobias Dussa (SCC) tobias.dussa at kit.edu
Tue Feb 20 10:04:25 UTC 2018

Hi,

I was wondering whether it was possible somehow to take a certificate and an
enciphered private key, both in .pem format, and combine them into a PKCS12
structure without knowing the key passphrase?

Googling does not reveal much useful information, unfortunately, and so far we
have been unsuccessfully diving into PKCS12/8/5 specs.  I don't really see a
reason why it should not be possible, but of course that doesn't mean it is. :)

THX & Cheers,
Toby.
--
I am Gates of Borg.  Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated.