[openssl-users] OpenSSL Version Definitions Issue on ARM

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Wed Feb 21 09:38:59 UTC 2018

On 21/02/18 01:19, Andrei Danaila wrote:

All OpenSSL versions before 1.1.0 provide no symbol version information.
However Debian distribute a patched version of OpenSSL that adds this -
so this is why you will see a difference between your system supplied
OpenSSL and the downloaded OpenSSL in this respect.

>From OpenSSL 1.1.0 onwards we do provide symbol versions on platforms
where we support that capability (e.g. Linux).