[openssl-users] 1.1.1 pre1 tests failing on Solaris SPARC

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Sat Feb 24 10:13:20 UTC 2018

In message <607c8d70-4283-1b55-2eac-c9f30a3a3f92 at blastwave.org> on Sat, 24 Feb 2018 00:24:34 -0500, Dennis Clarke <dclarke at blastwave.org> said:

dclarke> Not sure why but the various scripts and test files are hell
dclarke> bent on using the perl in the system as opposed to what I
dclarke> have set in an env var PERL=/usr/local/bin/perl.

Hmmm, if it's hell bent on anything, it's on what perl was used to run
'Configure'.  I'm not sure if you use that script directly or if you
use 'config'...  the latter will certainly look at $PERL to run
'Configure', and this one will register $^X (perl's internal variable
to indicate the exact file name of the interpreter), which is then
propagated to Makefile (make variable $(PERL)) and used there.  Did we
miss a spot?  I'm willing to correct that...

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org