[openssl-users] How to form a proper hash after writing somethinginto SSL handshake.(Revised)

Sai Teja Chowdary asteja.chowdary.ece13 at itbhu.ac.in
Tue Jan 2 13:15:55 UTC 2018

Hi,

Happy 2018 everyone.

I figured out this issue, I think it would be good to share it here in case if anyone is interested in knowing. The right way to make a hash is by calculating hash individually for the messages client certificate, client key exchange and store the message buffer in an array before calculating the signature in certificate verify message. later after forming the certificate verify message append this to the previous array and write the whole buffer into the wire with ssl3_write_bytes().This way all three message CC, CKE and CV goes in a single record as multiple handshake messages.

The function ssl3_finish_mac() is the one that does the hash (Digest) of bytes which ever are to be written to or read from wire.

Regards
Saiteja.