[openssl-users] TLS Error in FreeRadius - eap_tls: ERROR: Failed in __FUNCTION__ (SSL_read): error:1417C086:SSL routines:tls_process_client_certificate:certificate verify failed

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Tue Jan 23 02:27:14 UTC 2018

➢ I don't see CA/Browser Forums listed, but I do see RFC 3280 listed.

The page also says it’s “casually maintained.”  Feel free to create a PR on openssl/web repo. :)

IETF RFC’s aren’t perfect; that’s why there are errata.  Dragging this all the way to “we’re ignoring the words” is not nor accurate.  Someone who wants to argue that OpenSSL is doing the wrong thing here, should go to the IETF LAMPS WG and raise the issue.