[openssl-users] Release Strategy

REIX, Tony tony.reix at atos.net
Thu Jan 25 14:07:10 UTC 2018

Hi,

We (ATOS BullFreeware project) are building and delivering OpenSSL on AIX.
However, there are different providers of OpenSSL on AIX (IBM AIX project, Perzl, Bull Freeware, IBM AIX Toolbox), and we have some compatibility issues when mixing RPMs depending on OpenSSL and built with different versions or by different providers of OpenSSL.

The information on page:  https://www.openssl.org/policies/releasestrat.html   is very interesting and useful. However, last modification was made the 6th September 2016 , quite old. Would it be possible to update this ? That would help us to understand the compatibility between the different versions of OpenSSL and build some compatibility plan.

Thanks/Regards

Cordialement,

Tony Reix

ATOS / Bull SAS
ATOS Expert
IBM Coop Architect & Technical Leader
Office : +33 (0) 4 76 29 72 67
1 rue de Provence - 38432 Échirolles - France
www.atos.net