[openssl-users] FIPS 3.0 Canister Status

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Thu Jan 25 17:50:13 UTC 2018

And also the last paragraph of our most recent blog entry, which says this:

We also decided that the primary focus of the next feature release after 1.1.1 will be FIPS. We know that FIPS is very important to some, not all, members of our community and we are committed to addressing this. We don’t have much more information to share, and we know there has been some confusion and misleading communication out there. But we do want to make this strong, definitive statement: OpenSSL will implement a FIPS solution, and we expect it will be completed much sooner than previous timetables indicated.