[openssl-users] mail encryption with ecdsa cert

clou mail at iclou.ch
Fri Jan 26 19:49:11 UTC 2018

On 26 Jan 2018, at 18:55, Viktor Dukhovni <openssl-users at dukhovni.org> wrote:

> This requires a pipeline of two cms(1) commands, one to sign and other
> to encrypt (S/MIME is generally a sign-then-encrypt encapsulation).
> The inner signed content would be the just the payload no mail headers.

openssl cms -sign \
        -in msg.txt \
        -inkey key.pem \
        -signer pub.pem \
        -text \
        | \
openssl cms -encrypt \
        -recip pub.pem \
        -subject 'openssl signed and encrypt' \
        -to email \
        -from email \
        | \
        sendmail email

With this I still get the same result, an smime.p7m attachment which can not be opened.

Please note, using the same certificate/key in OSX mail app for sign and encrypt works perfect.

Any help is very much appreciate as I already spent 3 evening with reading/&fiddling around with the different parameters :-)

Thanks so much!