[openssl-users] Authenticated encryption in CMS with OpenSSL

Christian Böhme christian.boehme at cloudandheat.com
Fri Jul 20 13:56:29 UTC 2018

On 20.07.2018 15:42, Salz, Rich via openssl-users wrote:

> Sorry I was not clear.
>
> This has not been implemented.  In recent releases, we added a check to disallow AEAD ciphers,
> rather than failing (perhaps SILENTLY) later on.

Yeah, the checks happen in  crypto/evp/evp_lib.c:EVP_CIPHER_param_to_asn1() .

I understand that AEAD cipher support for CMS would have to be written from
scratch, then.

Thanks,
Christian

--
*Christian Böhme*

Developer System Integration

CLOUD&HEAT

*CLOUD & HEAT Technologies GmbH*
Königsbrücker Str. 96 (Halle 15) | 01099 Dresden
Tel: +49 351 479 3670 - 100
Fax: +49 351 479 3670 - 110
E-Mail: christian.boehme at cloudandheat.com <mailto:christian.boehme at cloudandheat.com>
Web: https://www.cloudandheat.com <https://www.cloudandheat.com>