[openssl-users] Android AOSP Stuck due to 'libcrypto.so'

Jaymin D jaymin.linux at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:23:31 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I have cross-compiled the openssl V1.1.0f for Android AOSP aarch64 platform.
Below is my configure command for cross-compilation:

./Configure android64-aarch64 shared -fpic -fPIC -fpie -fPIE

Copying 'libssl.so.1.1', 'libcrypto.so.1.1' and 'openssl(executable
binary)' on the board and board has been stuck at some point in the next
boot cycle. Whenever I restart the board with newly compiled
'libcrypto.so.1.1', board has been stuck in the next boot.

Am trying to debug the issue, but not finding any particular root-cause for
this behaviour. I have also tried V1.1.0h, but the behaviour was same.

If more information require, please let me know.

Any pointers or suggestions would be helpful.

Regards,
Jaymin