[openssl-users] genpkey for ed25519

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Jul 27 13:44:11 UTC 2018

Here we go again with figuring out what to put in the command lines.
Dr. Google is not giving up enough answers.

For ecdsa I started with:

openssl genpkey -aes256 -algorithm ec\
  -pkeyopt ec_paramgen_curve:prime256v1\
  -outform pem -pkeyopt ec_param_enc:named_curve\
  -out $dir/private/ca.key.pem

I found one reference that I should use -algorithm ed25519 (though the
example used caps: ED25519)

But I have not found recommendation for ec_parmgen_curve or ec_param_enc

Can someone point me to the information on values for these (and I
suspect I will be hitting others as I go).

thanks